Beauty Favourites


From left to right:

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil: I have now been using this for 10 years and it's literally THE best thing I do for my face. In the evening I like to double cleanse so I use this first on dry skin (it removes eyeliner and red lipstick like nothing else) and then I follow up with another cleanser. Don't let the price of this put you off, it lasts forever... 9-10 months at least.

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate: I use this once or twice a week in the evening before I go to sleep or whenever I feel like I need extra hydration. I used to worry about having oily skin but now I like to add oil. I'll take 'dewy' over 'dry' any day of the week!

Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser: I had to buy this as a 'make do' product when I forgot my regular fancy smancy face wash on a trip but now I actually prefer this. It's really gentle and seems to work great with my oil cleanser.

James Read Sleep Mask Tan: I like to look a little glowy and this product is perfect for that. I add a few drops to my evening moisturiser so the effect is super subtle but it's designed to be used by itself if you prefer. Like I said it's subtle so if you like more of an obvious tan then this might not be for you- this is for a gentle sun kissed look. 

Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Primer: My hair goes through a lot when I'm filming so a good primer/protector is key. I like this one because it's got a lot of oils in it, smells great and doesn't leave my hair with that sticky crispy feeling that I've gotten with other heat protectors. 

Shu Uemura Essence Absolue: This is something that I buy time and time again. It's helps to condition my hair, stop it looking dry, tame frizz and it does't make it look greasy at all. 

Cetaphil Daily Advance Lotion: I've tried many expensive, sweet smelling body lotions in my time but for value and getting the job done this one works just fine. I like that it's unscented because then it doesn't interfere with my perfume. 

Avène Hydrance Optimale: My face breaks out when I use anything with SPF in it but not with this cream. It's really lightweight and doesn't have that greasy feeling that so many SPF creams often have. 

**These are all products that I've purchased myself. Absolutely nothing was gifted to me. These are my honest opinions. I'll try to answer any questions in the comment section. I finally added a reply feature to the comments!




Labels: